Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login to view more post

Hello there! please login to view more posts! haven't register yet? Register now

Author Topic: 22/09/2014 Retirement  (Read 14920 times)

Araj

• Member Number: 8324

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: 22/09/2014 Retirement
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
In fact, I did try my best to implement everything you said in a timely manner. But I need to take this into consideration. I have to double check the scripts to make sure that there's no exploit or holes that would let others take advantage of our server(which happens a lot from the scripts I received from the past developers and players) but yeah good to know that you didn't do any of those.

Anyways, I wouldn't deny that you had been a very resourceful and helpful developer in aeRO. I would like to thank you for fulfilling my request and you really did made wonderful things to aeRO. You have been a very fair GM/Developer to everyone. I actually trusted you as one my loyal staff members and will remain the same. I will respect your decision to be apart of the team, and if ever you decided to come back, you are most welcome to do so.

Was hoping it would have been an retirement post from you and Prism is the new Admin...

Can you just give this server to an admin who doesn't leech donations and actually updates it and trusts his staff?

Do you know how many GMs developed the old aeRO? Charm alone had around 5-6 FULL GMs.

Basher leave aeRO behind you and give the server files to a proper admin, you're destroying this game... thank you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:56:57 PM by Araj »

fakeaero

• Member Number: 27932

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 01:21:34 AM »
Are u the same prism from kinkos aero?

ArcticPrism

• Banned
  • Member Number: 30280

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 03:39:07 AM »
Are u the same prism from kinkos aero?
Yes.

gb cool-kid(Ivan)

• Donator
  • Member Number: 12081
  • Finite Incantatem!

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 07:21:41 AM »
In fact, I did try my best to implement everything you said in a timely manner. But I need to take this into consideration. I have to double check the scripts to make sure that there's no exploit or holes that would let others take advantage of our server(which happens a lot from the scripts I received from the past developers and players) but yeah good to know that you didn't do any of those.

Anyways, I wouldn't deny that you had been a very resourceful and helpful developer in aeRO. I would like to thank you for fulfilling my request and you really did made wonderful things to aeRO. You have been a very fair GM/Developer to everyone. I actually trusted you as one my loyal staff members and will remain the same. I will respect your decision to be apart of the team, and if ever you decided to come back, you are most welcome to do so.

Was hoping it would have been an retirement post from you and Prism is the new Admin...

Can you just give this server to an admin who doesn't leech donations and actually updates it and trusts his staff?

Do you know how many GMs developed the old aeRO? Charm alone had around 5-6 FULL GMs.

Basher leave aeRO behind you and give the server files to a proper admin, you're destroying this game... thank you.
Old aeRO had problems with corruptions because they had too many staff. There are huge disadvantages tp hiring too many staff and same goes to letting them access files.

Nobody forced anyone to play the game, nor did anyone forced you to donate money. Admins have no obligation to suck anyone balls to make them feel content about what they spent. Personally, I'm okay with everything as long as the server is running and stable. If they decided to throw in new features and events then that'll be brilliant.

Araj

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 01:13:04 PM »

Old aeRO had problems with corruptions because they had too many staff. There are huge disadvantages tp hiring too many staff and same goes to letting them access files.

Nobody forced anyone to play the game, nor did anyone forced you to donate money. Admins have no obligation to suck anyone balls to make them feel content about what they spent. Personally, I'm okay with everything as long as the server is running and stable. If they decided to throw in new features and events then that'll be brilliant.

I wouldn't call another full GM / Admin / whatever (ill just take you prism for this example) as hiring "too much" staff..

yea old aeRO had lots of problems too (duping, wipes, somewhat decent balance, corruption ofc, etc. etc.) but it had a MUCH larger player base than bashers aeRO has currently. And i believe that has to do with the server actually progressing and getting updated... you know it doesn't make the game stale.

And im happy for you that you are happy with the server just being up, but some would like to play in a competitive environment with some actual competition...

And yea Basher doesn't have to do ANYTHING if he doesn't want to. But if that is the case then he should be fair enough and give all of the people something back who have supported him for the past 4? years... something like a new admin would be cool, i think.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:20:00 PM by Araj »

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member Number: 1
  • <%@ include="you.jsp" %>

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
    • http://aerogaming.org
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »

I wouldn't call another full GM / Admin / whatever (ill just take you prism for this example) as hiring "too much" staff..

yea old aeRO had lots of problems too (duping, wipes, somewhat decent balance, corruption ofc, etc. etc.) but it had a MUCH larger player base than bashers aeRO has currently. And i believe that has to do with the server actually progressing and getting updated... you know it doesn't make the game stale.

And im happy for you that you are happy with the server just being up, but some would like to play in a competitive environment with some actual competition...

And yea Basher doesn't have to do ANYTHING if he doesn't want to. But if that is the case then he should be fair enough and give all of the people something back who have supported him for the past 4? years... something like a new admin would be cool, i think.

Are you joking? Prism recently joined the team for less than a month, and you want him to be admin? First of all, if I step down to aeRO who would cover the cost? I don't even think no one would take the responsibility of paying the rent to maintain the database, especially the cost of mitigation against ddos. Don't tell me to quit unless you know the history of aerogaming.org. We never had rollback nor wipe out because I know how to value your accounts. There are some other servers out there who would roll bk and close in just a month. Not trying to be rude, but remember, we don't force you to donate, Feel free to leave and join other servers.

us sjnapiza06

• Banned
  • Member Number: 33341

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 01:31:25 AM »
ok, before I say anything please read this thread because it was censored because I guess I offended somebody lel....because it only means its true.

http://aerogaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=38130.0

Are you joking? Prism recently joined the team for less than a month, and you want him to be admin? First of all, if I step down to aeRO who would cover the cost? I don't even think no one would take the responsibility of paying the rent to maintain the database, especially the cost of mitigation against ddos. Don't tell me to quit unless you know the history of aerogaming.org. We never had rollback nor wipe out because I know how to value your accounts. There are some other servers out there who would roll bk and close in just a month. Not trying to be rude, but remember, we don't force you to donate, Feel free to leave and join other servers.

Just to make sure, in that thread,  I literally said "...let go of the GMs that aren't doing anything at all" I didn't say any names specifically if you read it right. Replace them with somebody who will make the server better...but you won't thats why my thread was closed because you dont everyone want to see it because it true. If its not then reopen my thread again.

You're also right. Prism did just join the server. But how come I think he's the only one from the staff that actually cares about the server.

To answer your question... ok so what if I cover the cost, take the responsibility of paying the rent to maintain the database, especially the cost of mitigation against ddos. I make enough money. Would you step down?...The answer is No, No you wouldn't. Thats my point. You'll never gonna let go of this server.

Also not trying to be rude, but there are also other servers there who has an active admin and staff but here we are still playing your server, the least thing you can do is be active.

PS: For the people who are just "okay" with everything as long as the server is running and stable. Let me hear you keep saying that when population of all three servers combined go down less than 50.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:39:56 AM by sjnapiza06 »

M i l k

• [aeRO] Board Moderator
  • Member Number: 29563

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 02:41:25 AM »
Hello. Another cool thread here. Let me join in!  ::)

In before another thread closed, let me quote what GM Phantasmagoria said here, http://aerogaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=38130.0.

And I quote,
Quote from: [GM] Phantasmagoria
Anyways... Dear fellows, you have been heard and I will personally forward this to our Administrator. I will temporary close this topic and request him to make a post. Do not create another topic. Whoever found this unfair or censoring, too bad. I will still take the risk.
Wheres the post our dear Admin Basher? Why did you reply here first? :(
Thanks though, you replied! Thats what matters here.

Why was sjnapiza06's thread closed? Is that because he offended someone? or He said something 'confidential'?

Is it prohibited now to voice out our concerns? Because Mayaan is dead, if you would want to know.

[...] We never had rollback.
Theres something wrong here. Is this a typo?

Anyways, we are just saying our opinions here because we do not like how you are handling Mayaan now. Yes, we would thank you for keeping up the server alive after all these years. But hey, give us more updates. Arent you giving so much update right now because you already had done what you have planned? To copy the old aeRO? Lol. Its already 2014, give us some new developments. I repeat myself, Mayaan is still the same like 2-3 years ago. Dont give us the reason that you are facing a different reality now. Because anyone would know that while youre still studying, you arent that active too. Now that youre working, it became worse. Well this is aeROGaming forum. So I think its fine for us to talk about our server. Because we need changes and major updates. Theres really nothing to do on Mayaan besides WoE. If you have observed, Mayaan population is going downhill. Most players are just online during WoE hours. After that, servers dead again. Im just saying, if you could at least dedicate a little time for some bug fixing/making developments. Players will not complain if Mayaan is being handled right. Im pretty sure, Eternal players share the same thought as I do.

Not really pretty sure about Turbo players. Because as I read in this thread and the closed thread, they are satisfied with the server just being up with no gameplay updates and no active GMs (I think Turbo doesnt even have one . Lol)

Just do your job as an Admin. I know you can do it, its just aeRO is on your least priority as of now. We just need updates! Make the game like its new again at the same time will keep the players on playing it.

Edit: Since I copy pasted the closed thread. Let me give an example of a thing that will take a few minutes to be done but taking a long time to be actually done (hopefully you know what I mean. Lol) G i g a b y t e's Prize for being the MVP for ArcticPrism's Event. Event was done last 13/9. Its 5/10 now until now no prize was given to G i g a b y t e. Screenshot was given already to Basher since he asked for one as a proof I think.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:22:34 AM by M i l k »
Latest aeRO Full Installer - http://aerogaming.org/aeRO%20Full%203-0.exe

ArcticPrism

• Banned
  • Member Number: 30280

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 04:46:06 AM »
Are you joking? Prism recently joined the team for less than a month, and you want him to be admin?First of all, if I step down to aeRO who would cover the cost? I don't even think no one would take the responsibility of paying the rent to maintain the database, especially the cost of mitigation against ddos. Don't tell me to quit unless you know the history of aerogaming.org. We never had rollback nor wipe out because I know how to value your accounts. There are some other servers out there who would roll bk and close in just a month. Not trying to be rude, but remember, we don't force you to donate, Feel free to leave and join other servers.

I respect your decision not to give me file or admin access because I was here for a short time but don't say I was only at AeRO for one month. Did Crap ever give you response about that btw?(not that it matters now since I've already retired) You said you trusted me and would give me said access if he agreed but I never heard anything back from you on that so I assumed he said no or you were trying to be nice and didn't want to tell me no.

Mayaan
- Increase HP rate by 20% for every jobs
- Remove Arc Wand[0] & Composite Bow[0] in item shop
- Added new quests for Almighty Staff, Bishop Hat and Fire Blazed Sword
- Implemented guild dungeons (Credit to Prism)

Mayaan and Turbo
- Fix slots shown for quincy bow (You must update your patcher in able to see this changes)

For more information where the quest npc are the following:

Fire Blazed Sword: Talk to "Thunder" npc. He is in one of the houses in Izlude.
Almighty Staff: Talk to "Abraham" npc. He is in one of the houses in Amatsu.
Bishop Hat: Talk to "Kyle" npc. He is a newly hired granny, and you can find him at Church.

Big thanks to our developer, Prism for helping me think and make all these scripts possible. KUDOS!  ;)

This post of yours is back in June 26th which means I was here for at least 3 months.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 05:19:07 AM by ArcticPrism »

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:15 AM »
ok, before I say anything please read this thread because it was censored because I guess I offended somebody lel....because it only means its true.

Finding the right person who we can give access to the database seemed easier as it sounds. As you have noticed, I have actually created a thread for hiring GM/Support Team/Developers. Its just we don't get that much of good applications; many of them are just biased based on their forum posts (Of course I read them, which tells me that they would not be able to do the job). Frankly speaking, all of staff in aeRO GM Team is doing their best; because they would be removed if their not. Every GM are assigned to fulfill different tasks. Prism was at the position who are in charge to do the development; of course, he was in charge of getting all of your ideas, so he is has time to communicate to all of you in forum, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us are not doing. GM Phanta are always here to support other players, answering most of your questions, letting me know weather a staff or player is doing something wrong. In fact, she's my partner in answering claims in the ticketing system. Now, you cannot see that because its all in the back ends stuff and we were the one assigned to do that. My deep apologize for the slow development, and I completely understand that. I'm spending my own money to run this server so don't think that I would not spend my time to aeRO for nothing. I'm always logged in to check the status of the server, and I'm concentrating to make the team who can work together, and not fighting against one another.

Just to make sure, in that thread,  I literally said "...let go of the GMs that aren't doing anything at all" I didn't say any names specifically if you read it right. Replace them with somebody who will make the server better...but you won't thats why my thread was closed because you dont everyone want to see it because it true. If its not then reopen my thread again.

You're also right. Prism did just join the server. But how come I think he's the only one from the staff that actually cares about the server.

PLEASE READ MY POST ABOVE. It is by the fact that he is the one in charge in development team.

To answer your question... ok so what if I cover the cost, take the responsibility of paying the rent to maintain the database, especially the cost of mitigation against ddos. I make enough money. Would you step down?...The answer is No, No you wouldn't. Thats my point. You'll never gonna let go of this server.

Yes your correct, I will never let go of this server just to two or ten of you. There are still lot's of people who I gave my word that I would never leave aeRO. ;D

Also not trying to be rude, but there are also other servers there who has an active admin and staff but here we are still playing your server, the least thing you can do is be active.

PS: For the people who are just "okay" with everything as long as the server is running and stable. Let me hear you keep saying that when population of all three servers combined go down less than 50.  ;)

I guess you gotta better play with other aeRO servers too buddy to find out the real amount.

ph Foris

• Donator
  • Member Number: 26261
  • I am an ENGINEER!

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 08:38:41 AM »

Finding the right person who we can give access to the database seemed easier as it sounds. As you have noticed, I have actually created a thread for hiring GM/Support Team/Developers. Its just we don't get that much of good applications; many of them are just biased based on their forum posts (Of course I read them, which tells me that they would not be able to do the job). Frankly speaking, all of staff in aeRO GM Team is doing their best; because they would be removed if their not. Every GM are assigned to fulfill different tasks. Prism was at the position who are in charge to do the development; of course, he was in charge of getting all of your ideas, so he is has time to communicate to all of you in forum, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us are not doing. GM Phanta are always here to support other players, answering most of your questions, letting me know weather a staff or player is doing something wrong. In fact, she's my partner in answering claims in the ticketing system. Now, you cannot see that because its all in the back ends stuff and we were the one assigned to do that. My deep apologize for the slow development, and I completely understand that. I'm spending my own money to run this server so don't think that I would not spend my time to aeRO for nothing. I'm always logged in to check the status of the server, and I'm concentrating to make the team who can work together, and not fighting against one another.

PLEASE READ MY POST ABOVE. It is by the fact that he is the one in charge in development team.

Yes your correct, I will never let go of this server just to two or ten of you. There are still lot's of people who I gave my word that I would never leave aeRO. ;D

I guess you gotta better play with other aeRO servers too buddy to find out the real amount.

Don't judge the book by it's cover.  ;)

Araj

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »

so what are you gonna do? another year till you find someone you actually "trust" who you can give more responsibility?

I don't really know prism but judging from his posts and everything he looked like your best man...

P.S. im already playing on different servers (like most of ur old player base) but i grew up with this server and sometimes i get nostalgic so i check the forums here but they always make me kind of angry...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:26:46 AM by Araj »

Araj

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 09:35:25 AM »
Dear Basher,

Why are you not making a backup copy of the mayaan server files and give Prism full control after? (if he still wants)

If he is really not trustworthy you can roll it back to the point before he made changes and fire him then ( ;) )

Make a announcement post so people will know that it might roll back in a cpl of months.

Im pretty sure it won't hurt your mayaan player base much because honestly it can't really get any worse.

Or make a PUBLIC test server same as mayaan with our characters and give prism control over that server, then implement stuff from there to mayaan. That might split your player base too much tho.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:38:38 AM by Araj »

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 10:56:15 AM »
@Milk - This post was the answer based on your last post. Its kind of related to the topic so we'll add it here.

Finally, a thread thats worthwhile.

I dunno where to start but here it goes. As what is written on my signtaure, 'There is no one busy in this world, it is always about priorities.' Assuming that Basher does 8 hours of work, 8 hours of sleep. He still has 8 hours to spare. Busy is such an overrated word. You can dedicate at least 30 minutes per day to take care of aeRO Stuffs. Even 30 minutes per month if your time is that precious to be wasted on aeRO. Well I asked ArcticPrism on how to implement/fix stuffs. Some on them doesnt even take more than 5 minutes to be done.

I totally agree with that. Activating a simple script like quest to server can be done within 5 minutes. Its different though from implementing. First, we have to think deeply for balancing, and of course if someone passed a script over, I would have to go over that script and check if there's any bug that could allow others to take advantage of the server. You know what, I tried to find 2 developers that could do this (1 Implementer, and 1 who can actually check if its safe) 2 of them must not related or friends of course. But it fails. After hiring this one guy who is a Spanish, he became inactive, and I was not able to reach him. Since Prism left the team, I would need to find couple developers that fits this position. If you know anyone, sends me an e-mail at aerogaming@ymail.com.

Basher said he trusted ArcticPrism. But hey, why during his time on your team, he cant fix/implement on his own. He still needs Basher to do things for him. I understand that Basher wants to double check the scripts so no exploit/abuse will happen. But, why it took him a long time to check it. Im pretty sure it will just take a short time to check it. This is where my doubts on Basher begin. It leads me to think that 'Is Admin Basher inept towards scripting/aeRO Stuffs or is it just aeRO is on his least priority. Oppurtunity came in Dev ArcticPrism, people got hope. Basher wasted another oppurtunity, people tend now to care less.

I actually trusted ArcticPrism. In fact, we used SVN Repository to share folder to allow us develop scripts together in more efficient way and alot faster development of course. I spent most of my time talking to him, and helping him to focus in development, and of course implementing your ideas he gathered. To be honest, his works are amazing, but didn't cooperate well as a team. I guess he got upset because there was one thing that needed to be applied in all quests, and one of the quests he made was affected with this changed. Since he doesn't like this changes, he quits. So should I be the one who would follow everything he says? NO. I'm looking for a team who's willing to cooperate and share ideas for further development of aeRO.

http://aerogaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=38115
Check the link above. Im just repeating what ArcticPrism said about implementing/fixing aeRO Stuffs. Well it would be nice if ArcticPrism will say all his experience while working with Basher and all his reasons that made him quit the team.

The problem besides Bashers inactivity is that people doesnt like to use this forum in a good way. I mean, I think Basher thinks aeRO is doing fine because he still getting donations and very few people are complaining that aeRO is the same shit as it is during 2011? 2012?. People just post in this forum when the server is dead. They dont actually complain about the development of aeRO in general. I know Basher is not that dumb to realise that his server is going downhill now in terms of development. I just dont understand why people still donate.  :(

Yes we are still getting donations, and i'm very thankful knowing that I'm not alone paying for the expenses to run aeRO. They donate probably because they care to the server, and of course needed some credits to purchase something in donation page. As mentioned in our donation page "TOS(Terms of Service): By donating, you're supporting the costs of running this server and maintaining it. In return, you will be rewarded donation credit points that you may use to purchase items from our item shop."

I think Phobia, ibuki, sjnapiza06, and Hadar just gave up. Cant see them active in this forum anymore. Hey guys, please come back. This forum still needs us.  :)

Lastly, instead of posting on useless threads. Why dont just voice out your opinions towards aeRO? The more people complain, the better. We all want changes/updates, right? Just still dont lose hope guys. This server still has the potential.

I already tried. Sometimes, I feel that I could have just use this time searching, making and implementing more updates instead. Sometimes I felt that I need to explain in detail what i'm doing so you can understand that we're not just doing nothing here.

Edit: I dunno why people thinks Nigel is a GM. Im pretty sure he isnt. Unless hes an undocumented GM just like some Bashers changelogs, no announcement about it, you will just notice it or you will just know it by other players.

No he is not a part of aeRO GM Team nor aeRO Staff.

Edit2: Stop cocksucking. You know to yourself that aeRO is going towards nowhere now.   :P

lv #Judas

• ♔•♔ Veins Forever ♔•♔
  • Donator
  • Member Number: 321
  • #TribuMandaragat

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 11:16:39 AM »

~Chaos Guild~

~#Judas (stalker)
~Alcyone (sinx)