Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login to view more post

Hello there! please login to view more posts! haven't register yet? Register now

Author Topic: 22/09/2014 Retirement  (Read 14921 times)

ArcticPrism

• Banned
  • Member Number: 30280

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: 22/09/2014 Retirement
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »
The timer alone wasn't really the sole thing that made me quit. It was more or less the breaking point. I might have been less angry about the timer if I was informed about it before it was added.  If I was supposedly in charge of development I think the idea should have at least been discussed with me instead of suddenly adding it(teamwork?). I had no answer for players when the timers were added to the Almighty Staff, FBS and still don't know why they are there after being added to the Frost Charm quest. No players liked the idea the first time and they still don't. No one even knows what the purpose of adding it was except to try to get people to donate for time capsules but no player I know even knows how to get them. Many people have asked why you added those(including me) and no one has been given a response.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:28:18 AM by ArcticPrism »

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member Number: 1
  • <%@ include="you.jsp" %>

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
    • http://aerogaming.org
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Are you joking? Prism recently joined the team for less than a month, and you want him to be admin?First of all, if I step down to aeRO who would cover the cost? I don't even think no one would take the responsibility of paying the rent to maintain the database, especially the cost of mitigation against ddos. Don't tell me to quit unless you know the history of aerogaming.org. We never had rollback nor wipe out because I know how to value your accounts. There are some other servers out there who would roll bk and close in just a month. Not trying to be rude, but remember, we don't force you to donate, Feel free to leave and join other servers.

I respect your decision not to give me file or admin access because I was here for a short time but don't say I was only at AeRO for one month. Did Crap ever give you response about that btw?(not that it matters now since I've already retired) You said you trusted me and would give me said access if he agreed but I never heard anything back from you on that so I assumed he said no or you were trying to be nice and didn't want to tell me no.

Yes its 3 months, thank you for clarifying that. I had a conversation with GM Crap, and he said that it was too early which is indeed absolutely true. We were actually trying your patience, checking the scripts your doing(looking if you're taking advantage of the server) which you passed, and see if you could work with us as a team. That's what I think you failed to fulfilled.

Mayaan
- Increase HP rate by 20% for every jobs
- Remove Arc Wand[0] & Composite Bow[0] in item shop
- Added new quests for Almighty Staff, Bishop Hat and Fire Blazed Sword
- Implemented guild dungeons (Credit to Prism)

Mayaan and Turbo
- Fix slots shown for quincy bow (You must update your patcher in able to see this changes)

For more information where the quest npc are the following:

Fire Blazed Sword: Talk to "Thunder" npc. He is in one of the houses in Izlude.
Almighty Staff: Talk to "Abraham" npc. He is in one of the houses in Amatsu.
Bishop Hat: Talk to "Kyle" npc. He is a newly hired granny, and you can find him at Church.

Big thanks to our developer, Prism for helping me think and make all these scripts possible. KUDOS!  ;)

This post of yours is back in June 26th which means I was here for at least 3 months.

Yes, its been 3 months you've been in our team.

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
In fact, I did try my best to implement everything you said in a timely manner. But I need to take this into consideration. I have to double check the scripts to make sure that there's no exploit or holes that would let others take advantage of our server(which happens a lot from the scripts I received from the past developers and players) but yeah good to know that you didn't do any of those.

Anyways, I wouldn't deny that you had been a very resourceful and helpful developer in aeRO. I would like to thank you for fulfilling my request and you really did made wonderful things to aeRO. You have been a very fair GM/Developer to everyone. I actually trusted you as one my loyal staff members and will remain the same. I will respect your decision to be apart of the team, and if ever you decided to come back, you are most welcome to do so.

Was hoping it would have been an retirement post from you and Prism is the new Admin...

Can you just give this server to an admin who doesn't leech donations and actually updates it and trusts his staff?

Do you know how many GMs developed the old aeRO? Charm alone had around 5-6 FULL GMs.

Basher leave aeRO behind you and give the server files to a proper admin, you're destroying this game... thank you.
Old aeRO had problems with corruptions because they had too many staff. There are huge disadvantages tp hiring too many staff and same goes to letting them access files.

Nobody forced anyone to play the game, nor did anyone forced you to donate money. Admins have no obligation to suck anyone balls to make them feel content about what they spent. Personally, I'm okay with everything as long as the server is running and stable. If they decided to throw in new features and events then that'll be brilliant.

Exactly my point, and I don't want to bring the history of aeROgaming.net again.

ArcticPrism

• Banned

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »

Old aeRO had problems with corruptions because they had too many staff. There are huge disadvantages tp hiring too many staff and same goes to letting them access files.

Nobody forced anyone to play the game, nor did anyone forced you to donate money. Admins have no obligation to suck anyone balls to make them feel content about what they spent. Personally, I'm okay with everything as long as the server is running and stable. If they decided to throw in new features and events then that'll be brilliant.

Exactly my point, and I don't want to bring the history of aeROgaming.net again.

Except you had tons of abuse from a certain GM on Mayaan recently. Not just a little bit of abuse either. Long term abuse.  Even with so few staff and careful planning abuse found a way. Abuse always finds a way. It's nearly impossible to guarantee that your server will never have abuse. Even admins abuse on their servers. The difference with admins is that admins can hide what they do from everyone else. You can only take so much power away from your GMs before it's pointless to have GM accounts.

Speaking of that. Some of those players who were supposedly perma banned due to taking advantage of the GM account weren't really perma banned. Some only got 3 month bans and the ones who are still playing seemed to have full sets of items including Craaw and Rinne in a very short a mount of time. I've even seen special headgears like Giant Baphomet Horns. Did this players really have this much extra stuff or did they get to transfer their items before being banned? Can you clarify this?

Yes its 3 months, thank you for clarifying that. I had a conversation with GM Crap, and he said that it was too early which is indeed absolutely true. We were actually trying your patience, checking the scripts your doing(looking if you're taking advantage of the server) which you passed, and see if you could work with us as a team. That's what I think you failed to fulfilled.

The timer alone wasn't really the sole thing that made me quit. It was more or less the breaking point. I might have been less angry about the timer if I was informed about it before it was added.  If I was supposedly in charge of development I think the idea should have at least been discussed with me instead of suddenly adding it(teamwork?). I had no answer for players when the timers were added to the Almighty Staff, FBS and still don't know why they are there after being added to the Frost Charm quest. No players liked the idea the first time and they still don't. No one even knows what the purpose of adding it was except to try to get people to donate for time capsules but no player I know even knows how to get them. Many people have asked why you added those(including me) and no one has been given a response.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:45:13 PM by ArcticPrism »

us sjnapiza06

• Banned
  • Member Number: 33341

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 01:29:53 PM »
so what are you gonna do? another year till you find someone you actually "trust" who you can give more responsibility?

I don't really know prism but judging from his posts and everything he looked like your best man...

P.S. im already playing on different servers (like most of ur old player base) but i grew up with this server and sometimes i get nostalgic so i check the forums here but they always make me kind of angry...

lol hes not gonna let go of this server and staff. No changes will be made in at least 5 years. This staff is a group of friends thats known each other for a while. Basically no one is getting in!  :) :)

...and i think this "GM Crap conversation" is, well, crap...i dont think he even exist anymore... make him login and say something.  or is that you also Basher? dual account??  :) :)

PS: Why do I notice that Turbo players are ok with just the server only being stable and running... is it because Turbo is Bashers server?  :) :)

Except you had tons of abuse from a certain GM on Mayaan recently. A GM that's still around in fact. Not just a little bit of abuse either. Long term abuse.  Even with so few staff and careful planning abuse found a way. Abuse always finds a way. It's nearly impossible to guarantee that your server will never have abuse. Even admins abuse on their servers. The difference with admins is that admins can hide what they do from everyone else. You can only take so much power away from your GMs before it's pointless to have GM accounts.

Speaking of that. Some of those players who were supposedly perma banned due to taking advantage of the GM account weren't really perma banned. Some only got 3 month bans and the ones who are still playing seemed to have full sets of items including Craaw and Rinne in a very short a mount of time. I've even seen special headgears like Giant Baphomet Horns. Did this players really have this much extra stuff or did they get to transfer their items before being banned? Can you clarify this?

like I said... group of friends... most of the players who arent in the circle are perma banned, and the rest maybe a week. just to say they were banned lol.  :) :)

Nigel, has a lot of rare headgears, which cost 300 DCP which cost $300... I seriously doubt he paid for all those headgears. Must be nice having a girlfriend as a GM.  :) :)

Dear Basher,

Why are you not making a backup copy of the mayaan server files and give Prism full control after? (if he still wants)

If he is really not trustworthy you can roll it back to the point before he made changes and fire him then ( ;) )

Make a announcement post so people will know that it might roll back in a cpl of months.

Im pretty sure it won't hurt your mayaan player base much because honestly it can't really get any worse.

Or make a PUBLIC test server same as mayaan with our characters and give prism control over that server, then implement stuff from there to mayaan. That might split your player base too much tho.

Its too much of a gamble for him. A lot of players will turnover to Prisms or to whoevers server knowing that accounts will be the same but with better staff...and by that point you cant rollback anymore because the server is making progress, you think im wrong then try it.  :) :)

one more thing....

gb cool-kid(Ivan)

• Donator
  • Member Number: 12081
  • Finite Incantatem!

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »
 I can see that certain people have voiced their opinions about wanting new features to be added in this game in which I can totally understand as I personally would love to see that as well.

Now, it's getting out of hand when you see group of people starts accusing admins of not doing anything and demands certain members of staff to be kicked out. Let me tell you something, you are not in the position to say that and it is absolutely absurd when you start saying "we feel betrayed, used and taken advantage". Maybe you feel that way as you're upset because you spent  money and it feels like it was wasted, but you donated voluntarily.

Just to remind everyone, when you donated you are told that the money will go towards maintaining the server, keeping it running and stable in which the have staff have always tried to deliver.

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
Except you had tons of abuse from a certain GM on Mayaan recently. Not just a little bit of abuse either. Long term abuse.  Even with so few staff and careful planning abuse found a way. Abuse always finds a way. It's nearly impossible to guarantee that your server will never have abuse. Even admins abuse on their servers. The difference with admins is that admins can hide what they do from everyone else. You can only take so much power away from your GMs before it's pointless to have GM accounts.

That's the point we're taking time to make sure that the person who will having access to the server is trustworthy. Having access to the server files means giving away access to the database. Meaning to say having access to all account information registered since 2009. As much possible, I'm trying to avoid having anyone access the server files, unless its a very very big update where it becomes necessarily for developers to access the server. Due to this reasons, no one can messed up the server or our database. This is probably one of the reasons why until now we never did rollback nor wipeout for the past 4 years.

All the accounts of the characters involved in taking advantage of a GM account were perma banned, and I told you these uncounted times. You should have used the account I gave you for supporting ticket; you could have seen people crying and begging to get their accounts back. But unfortunately they are no longer bailable(Perma Ban). They've punished, and most of the time they have learned their lesson. I guess we have to be happy that they are still here, active and still playing aeRO. If you're wondering why they are equipped with tons of items again, some of them who were involved have been playing aerogaming.org since the first day its started. They must have some good friends just like you do who laid them items. To be honest, one of these guys actually started playing in Turbo instead.

ca [GM] Phantasmagoria

• English Please
  • Member Number: 8118
  • Chew you up & spit you out.

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »

Off-topic:

Dear sjnapiza06,

Your topic was closed for a simple reason. You titled your topic "A letter to Basher". Therefore, your message clearly is addressed to Admin Basher. Some user made a reply there, including myself. To avoid your original post to be buried by other posts or spams, it was closed and forwarded to the right person, in this case, it was Admin Basher, no one else. Also, Admin Basher has already replied to your topic. Why making a fuss about it again? Move on.

ArcticPrism

• Banned

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 09:17:35 PM »

All the accounts of the characters involved in taking advantage of a GM account were perma banned, and I told you these uncounted times. You should have used the account I gave you for supporting ticket; you could have seen people crying and begging to get their accounts back. But unfortunately they are no longer bailable(Perma Ban). They've punished, and most of the time they have learned their lesson. I guess we have to be happy that they are still here, active and still playing aeRO. If you're wondering why they are equipped with tons of items again, some of them who were involved have been playing aerogaming.org since the first day its started. They must have some good friends just like you do who laid them items. To be honest, one of these guys actually started playing in Turbo instead.

Isn't there only one Giant Baphomet Horn on the server?

Off-topic:

Dear sjnapiza06,

Your topic was closed for a simple reason. You titled your topic "A letter to Basher". Therefore, your message clearly is addressed to Admin Basher. Some user made a reply there, including myself. To avoid your original post to be buried by other posts or spams, it was closed and forwarded to the right person, in this case, it was Admin Basher, no one else. Also, Admin Basher has already replied to your topic. Why making a fuss about it again? Move on.

I think he wants an answer as to why his thread was locked. Also, he only quoted M i l k and answered his post. He didn't really answer any of sjnapiza06's questions.

Phobia

• Donator
  • Member Number: 32107

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »

All you, come to brazil drink heineken + jack daniels with me and eat my barbecue, picanha, copa lombo, filé, pineaple + sugar + cinamon + pig...  ;)

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 09:42:19 AM »
lol hes not gonna let go of this server and staff. No changes will be made in at least 5 years. This staff is a group of friends thats known each other for a while. Basically no one is getting in!  :) :)

...and i think this "GM Crap conversation" is, well, crap...i dont think he even exist anymore... make him login and say something.  or is that you also Basher? dual account??  :) :)

PS: Why do I notice that Turbo players are ok with just the server only being stable and running... is it because Turbo is Bashers server?  :) :)

FYI, Mayaan, Eternal and Turbo are all my servers,  ;D. Aha, you think I am GM Crap? you should search on YouTube how we fought with champs in earlier days. He is one of the administrators here in aeRO, but sad and good thing though that he went for medicine in University. He's busy that I could only chat with him. Though he's busy, he stills visits the game, but not that often. He always implement stuff in summer and during his vacation. In fact, he is the one who implemented the coupons your using for ygg's. We never see each other yet, but we have been friends for a while, and I know by heart that he is someone we can trust =).

like I said... group of friends... most of the players who arent in the circle are perma banned, and the rest maybe a week. just to say they were banned lol.  :) :)

Nigel, has a lot of rare headgears, which cost 300 DCP which cost $300... I seriously doubt he paid for all those headgears. Must be nice having a girlfriend as a GM.  :) :)
GM are not able to trade items in game. We get rid that ability for every GM to avoid corruption in game.

Dear Basher,

Why are you not making a backup copy of the mayaan server files and give Prism full control after? (if he still wants)

If he is really not trustworthy you can roll it back to the point before he made changes and fire him then ( ;) )

Make a announcement post so people will know that it might roll back in a cpl of months.

Im pretty sure it won't hurt your mayaan player base much because honestly it can't really get any worse.

Or make a PUBLIC test server same as mayaan with our characters and give prism control over that server, then implement stuff from there to mayaan. That might split your player base too much tho.

That's somewhat similar to what I did. I actually created a completely new server without any data on it. Its the test server. I created this server(which is still on) so we can test things quickly. This allows me and devs to implement scripts and test it. I don't know if you have tried it, but everyone who had access to test server actually has some commands to create those test beta items. This way, we can protect your data.

Its too much of a gamble for him. A lot of players will turnover to Prisms or to whoevers server knowing that accounts will be the same but with better staff...and by that point you cant rollback anymore because the server is making progress, you think im wrong then try it.  :) :)

one more thing....

Its not a gamble for me, its like putting all of you in a gamble. Making a replica of the server and giving someone access to it is basically giving someone access to all the information on your accounts including username, e-mails and passwords.  :(

I'm not here to argue to any of you. If you have a ready scripts that wanted to be in aeRO, sends it to me via e-mail at aerogaming@ymail.com with your proposal. Who knows probably you can be a part of the team :)

I believe that I have answered majority of your questions which is in the same boat.

Topic closed.