Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login to view more post

Hello there! please login to view more posts! haven't register yet? Register now

Author Topic: New Quests  (Read 31451 times)

ph [Developer]★ c a p s l o c k ★

• Developer
  • Member Number: 366
  • Don't be salty...

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: New Quests
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 02:17:15 AM »
Any opinions against the new Weapons? In my honest opinion, I think the bow received a little too much buff.

Please expound so we can suggest proper changes.

K y r 0 s

• Member Number: 33710
  • לןקר

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 05:18:12 AM »
These are just my opinions so feel free to critcize and lecture me =)))))))))))
First of all I think the first issue here is the Sniper's Perfect Dodge given by +10 V.mantues and Pine Jubile
I know that this was not an issue before, but since we added the Bow and EGTB on weapon it became Imbalanced.
I am not good on Ragnarok calculations, so I am just gonna say that snipers still deal good damage even with a EGTB card equipped, and they can still wear Dset without
losing their perfect dodge. (Maybe we can change PD to Reflect Dmg for Sniper class)
Getting near a sniper who simultaneously spams DS / traps was already a nightmare, and became even harder because of the soulstrike autocasting + the knock back effect of
the napalm vulcan.
Just imagine being a Assassin Cross, you can't deal damage even a gtbshield and 1 hand dagger because of 100 PD, and your only way to deal damge is through Sonic Blow,
but if you use a katar for sonic blow purposes you can get coma if a Sniper is using Death set (WITH100PD). If you are switching yes you have a chance
to get near em without being coma, but when you get near em you might get lucky to cast multiple sonic blows before getting knocked back by Napalm Vulcan effect.
As for Snipers vs. Ninjas, I find the Napalm Vulcan Autocast effect when being hit unfair for Ninjas, since it became almost like a Reject Sword skill which insantly kills
Ninja when after casting Final Strike.

These are some of my concerns, and I'm sure there would be more to it coz we have only tested the weapon for about a week. Respect & Peaceout!

now someone gets my point hahahahahah!!!!! :) ;)
that's fine if no EGTB  :)   and also no PD if they use DSET.  :)    I thought no one will know about that bow.  :)
(,")Old Days(",)

Don't Pretend you're Strong if you use Cheat Programs.  People Using MACRO CHEATS Deserve to be BAN and Should be BANNED, Need to be Wiped Like a VIRUS, Need to be Removed on the System.

• Developer
  • Don't be salty...

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 07:50:06 AM »
Thank you for the criticisms..

I want you all to know that the PD bonus is not working on the bow. It gives 10 flee instead, which is miniscule. Suggested to completely remove it, like a week ago?

The 100 PD without LoI or fortune sword has always been there, and it's funny how there's a complaint now.

I however have also suggested to lower the trigger rate of napalm vulcan, there's actually a way to counter this, I wouldn't have added it knowing it would have completely destroyed ninjas.. rhy killed me twice gr, devi, cygnus, assumpt... and the napalm didn't him, but that's rhy. These are extreme situations, and can be countered by playing other classes to the extreme as well. The best possible use and combinations of available skills, items and buffs.

Honestly, the word "unfair" is quite triggering.. if there's data on Kill/Death ratio of snipers against ninjas.. maybe that could reflect what is so called unfair. Maybe it's fair that they walk in to pvp with grimtooth and shield.. spamming falcon assault, or thunderstorm with pika ears.

These are just 2 of the possible new items for the server... I have one or two for each class ready. So come on, be creative... Let the game evolve. If we are gonna kill the item now in favor of the 2 classes complaining.. Then the class gets buried again when something new for the other classes comes out..

Before I suggest items to Sir Basher, I always keep in mind the ff. Fun, and overall class balance.. come on? Don't you wanna see Asura Strike cause an earthquake?

Of course no one complains about Tarot.. it's pretty much the counter to everything. Even my sniper can't do shit against one. I just sat there, lose half my damage, lose all my buffs except blessing. Get it?

woeforkings

• Donator
  • Member Number: 56562

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 08:28:09 AM »

I want you all to know that the PD bonus is not working on the bow. It gives 10 flee instead, which is miniscule. Suggested to completely remove it, like a week ago?

The 100 PD without LoI or fortune sword has always been there, and it's funny how there's a complaint now.

I however have also suggested to lower the trigger rate of napalm vulcan, there's actually a way to counter this, I wouldn't have added it knowing it would have completely destroyed ninjas.. rhy killed me twice gr, devi, cygnus, assumpt... and the napalm didn't him, but that's rhy. These are extreme situations, and can be countered by playing other classes to the extreme as well. The best possible use and combinations of available skills, items and buffs.

Honestly, the word "unfair" is quite triggering.. if there's data on Kill/Death ratio of snipers against ninjas.. maybe that could reflect what is so called unfair. Maybe it's fair that they walk in to pvp with grimtooth and shield.. spamming falcon assault, or thunderstorm with pika ears.

These are just 2 of the possible new items for the server... I have one or two for each class ready. So come on, be creative... Let the game evolve. If we are gonna kill the item now in favor of the 2 classes complaining.. Then the class gets buried again when something new for the other classes comes out..

Before I suggest items to Sir Basher, I always keep in mind the ff. Fun, and overall class balance.. come on? Don't you wanna see Asura Strike cause an earthquake?

Of course no one complains about Tarot.. it's pretty much the counter to everything. Even my sniper can't do shit against one. I just sat there, lose half my damage, lose all my buffs except blessing. Get it?

I am aware that the PD bonus isn't working on the bow. But 100 PD is still achievable,
I mentioned that the 100 PD wasn't an issue before, but when the Immortal Bow came with a huge boost, an Egtb card that was when it became a little imbalanced.

Thanks~ Keep it up Sir Caps!

K y r 0 s

• Member Number: 33710
  • לןקר

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 10:54:41 AM »
I think at least no PD while the sniper using DSET. if the sinx only have the chance to kill sniper with SB then the sinx have 1% chance if the sniper using also DSET while on PD. well that's not balance we can call it miracle if we kill sniper. but I already forgot this topic but someone notice it also  :)  for me no problem but in my own opinion. that's not balance if the sniper can do PD while DSET is ON thank you.
(,")Old Days(",)

Don't Pretend you're Strong if you use Cheat Programs.  People Using MACRO CHEATS Deserve to be BAN and Should be BANNED, Need to be Wiped Like a VIRUS, Need to be Removed on the System.

ca iRhythm

• Member Number: 10457
  • Hate game, don't hate playa

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 04:17:05 PM »

Ninja is so easy to kill, people just dont know how. Server Error was the sniper who can kill my ninja maybe 10-1 BEFORE implementation of Immortal Bow

No one complain about Tarot because clown gypse can only spam tarot which will not kill enemy as long as target has gtb and fp on; sniper on the other hand, Double Strafing is enough to waste target's ygg while target cannot even touch the sniper because of sniper's Flee and doge(dodge all melee atk),egtb(reduce all incoming magic and coma)- no matter long or short range will take no effect
and now napalm which force the target to use strong shield(another 20% damage).

EGTB is enough to make Sniper to stand its ground in pvp, why are we adding more defense in the weap?
EGTB is new and difficult to make, why dont we give it a trial run until more egtb is circulating in the server before implementing another item for sniper?(only few sniper has egtb yet so far)
 implementing two items for same class at same time will not help to measure one independent's impact to the server

before adding something that could impact the server's balance, maybe we should have a free access(freebie) to the item for 2weeks for trial purpose. Get feedback from actual players then WIPE out the item and make it a quest item

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:29:36 PM by iRhythm »
Show content

3-0

5-1

5-0

5-0

5-0

He started counting but now he wants me to stop counting, make up ur mind

Lag?

5-0

Accusing me of using mirror, while himself using mirror

6-0

30-5
Show content

• Developer
  • Don't be salty...

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 07:34:43 PM »

Ninja is so easy to kill, people just dont know how. Server Error was the sniper who can kill my ninja maybe 10-1 BEFORE implementation of Immortal Bow

No one complain about Tarot because clown gypse can only spam tarot which will not kill enemy as long as target has gtb and fp on; sniper on the other hand, Double Strafing is enough to waste target's ygg while target cannot even touch the sniper because of sniper's Flee and doge(dodge all melee atk),egtb(reduce all incoming magic and coma)- no matter long or short range will take no effect

EGTB is enough to make Sniper to stand its ground in pvp, why are we adding more defense in the weap?
EGTB is new and difficult to make, why dont we give it a trial run until more egtb is circulating in the server before implementing another item for sniper?(only few sniper has egtb yet so far)
 implementing two items for same class at same time will not help to measure one independent's impact to the server

before adding something that could impact the server's balance, maybe we should have a free access(freebie) to the item for 2weeks for trial purpose. Get feedback from actual players then WIPE out the item and make it a quest item

errende ebecee card, rsx-0806 card.. and stat reset npc...

i was unaware that sir basher implemented the items for quest soon after letting me use them for testing puposes and hype..

I gave server error a few tips.. but he's not unkillable. The sg's are not complaining.. the paladins neither, nor the clowns/gypsies.. Assassin cross class has always been the most versatile class.. there's always a way to kill every other class.

Maybe try to get it off your minds that snipers should be easy prey?

I am however thinking about suggesting to lower egtb's magic damage reduction to 50% from 75%, and at first I thought about reducing trigger rate for napalm, but given the concerns.. maybe the knockback effect should be removed too?

Wasting yggs lel. Never saw creators, ws, even to some extent LK's and the magic users complain about not being able to beat sinx's in a 1 on 1 situation. Even if you play those classes the best way possible they are at a disadvantage..

How am i supposed to introduce a modified brynhild now? How will the snipers be if new items for other classes come out? the future looks grim, if we wont let the meta change a bit. i was just asked to suggest ideas for new items. Im not really close with sir basher.. But you are, i'm actually always feeling quite timid whenever I submit new ideas. So maybe in this case, you are better suited to reason with him.

us ross

• bondying
  • Donator
  • Member Number: 35337

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
    • my Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 08:30:51 PM »
 :)

ca iRhythm

• Member Number: 10457
  • Hate game, don't hate playa

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 09:14:42 PM »

errende ebecee card, rsx-0806 card.. and stat reset npc...

i was unaware that sir basher implemented the items for quest soon after letting me use them for testing puposes and hype..

I gave server error a few tips.. but he's not unkillable. The sg's are not complaining.. the paladins neither, nor the clowns/gypsies.. Assassin cross class has always been the most versatile class.. there's always a way to kill every other class.

Maybe try to get it off your minds that snipers should be easy prey?

I am however thinking about suggesting to lower egtb's magic damage reduction to 50% from 75%, and at first I thought about reducing trigger rate for napalm, but given the concerns.. maybe the knockback effect should be removed too?

Wasting yggs lel. Never saw creators, ws, even to some extent LK's and the magic users complain about not being able to beat sinx's in a 1 on 1 situation. Even if you play those classes the best way possible they are at a disadvantage..

How am i supposed to introduce a modified brynhild now? How will the snipers be if new items for other classes come out? the future looks grim, if we wont let the meta change a bit. i was just asked to suggest ideas for new items. Im not really close with sir basher.. But you are, i'm actually always feeling quite timid whenever I submit new ideas. So maybe in this case, you are better suited to reason with him.

other class are not complaining because there aint much immortal bow and egtb in the server yet.
Dont compare ws,creator,lk to sniper when it comes to how much ygg u need to spend to fight them, at least they r killable.
creator ws and lk are at disadvantage not just when against sinx; and what gives u the idea that i was talking about sinx being weaken against sniper which i never mentioned anything relating to sinx? however sniper currently holds advantage against almost all other class.

i was never against change or introduce new items that is why i personally refer u to basher
All i was saying is, let the new items circulate in the server 1at the time, get feedback from players before make it a quest, if it was a difficult quest to start with, it will take long time before people giving any feedbacks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:17:23 PM by iRhythm »
Show content

3-0

5-1

5-0

5-0

5-0

He started counting but now he wants me to stop counting, make up ur mind

Lag?

5-0

Accusing me of using mirror, while himself using mirror

6-0

30-5
Show content

ph [MD] PAOIE

• Certified DCP Seller
  • Donator
  • Member Number: 7990
  • $$$

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 10:48:19 PM »

• Developer
  • Don't be salty...

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 01:29:20 AM »
honestly it was beyond my control, when I received the items for testing I assumed it was for testing only. I wouldn't even mind if the items got taken away before the actual quests npc's are introduced and have me do the quests as well to obtain the items. I was showing it off in PvP, testing it out.. didn't even mind if others saw my equipment build.. because I showed it everytime someone asked, and I was weighing in pros and cons and forming adjustments in mind. I never thought the PD to be a problem, it has been there like ever since. It's even possible with GS, and their skills (1000%+) hurt so much more than DS(760%), remember Spread Shot (550% x 2)? And I was telling every one it will be out with the next update.. didn't know it was 30 minutes later.

jhetzzz

• ServerError
  • Member Number: 3299
  • Pure Hands

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 01:35:51 AM »
the bow is not OP. just so you guys know, my sniper with low vit wearing immo bow,gr, devi,sleip 2 alligator card acce with beret still dies within 2-3 fs. and the proc rate of vulcan is not that high. If you really hate snipers you can even create an sg with hatred on snipers. the bow just added a little survivability for snipers. the class is still a glass cannon. its just how you play the job. (sorry sa english, dugo ilong ko  :-X)

MABAIT PERO AGRE :)

+1 Karma if I helped! THANKS!

woeforkings

• Donator
  • Member Number: 56562

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 01:49:24 AM »
honestly it was beyond my control, when I received the items for testing I assumed it was for testing only. I wouldn't even mind if the items got taken away before the actual quests npc's are introduced and have me do the quests as well to obtain the items. I was showing it off in PvP, testing it out.. didn't even mind if others saw my equipment build.. because I showed it everytime someone asked, and I was weighing in pros and cons and forming adjustments in mind. I never thought the PD to be a problem, it has been there like ever since. It's even possible with GS, and their skills (1000%+) hurt so much more than DS(760%), remember Spread Shot (550% x 2)? And I was telling every one it will be out with the next update.. didn't know it was 30 minutes later.

In my opinion, even though gunslingers deal more dmg than snipers, they are squishy tho especially now Snipers got 20%hp/sp + 10%Neut resist. Unlike Snipers, gunslinger aren't capable of wearing  V.Mantue which boosts big amount of PD, Which means gunslingers have to give up certain card slots or headgears to attain 100PD. Maybe that is why no one bothered to complain about it.

jhetzzz

• ServerError
  • Pure Hands

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 02:05:43 AM »

In my opinion, even though gunslingers deal more dmg than snipers, they are squishy tho especially now Snipers got 20%hp/sp + 10%Neut resist. Unlike Snipers, gunslinger aren't capable of wearing  V.Mantue which boosts big amount of PD, Which means gunslingers have to give up certain card slots or headgears to attain 100PD. Maybe that is why no one bothered to complain about it.

it's only 10% hp/sp not 20. And even without the immortal bow snipers can reach pd while wearing quincy or any other bow.The bow gives flee not perfect dodge btw. So why complain about it now? it was there for quite a while. Its just that no other sniper knows how to do it and when caps showed how its done people became aware and thought it was from the bow.

jhetzzz

• ServerError
  • Pure Hands

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 03:47:49 AM »
As I've said on my previous reply yes it was there before, but we didn't find any imbalance on it because the Immortal Bow just came out right? About the 10% hp / sp, it clearly says on the NPC 20% tho, is the script bugged?

actually when you get the bow the description changes into 10% hp/sp sooo maybe the npc is the one giving out the wrong info  :)

maybe its to give snipers a chance to kill ninjas because the only way snipers can kill them is to wait for them to fs then hit them with thunder storm or whatever spell you want. if the ninja decides not to use fs, snipers becomes a punching bag. The bow even makes the sniper more squishy against ninjas because we lose grim, cranial and defender so i think its fair trade.

i get what you guys mean. specially for ninjas that are not too fast yet, surely they will have a hard time with snipers. maybe caps has a plan to balance all jobs with the upcoming weapons and stuff. we will see   /ph