Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login to view more post

Hello there! please login to view more posts! haven't register yet? Register now

Author Topic: GM Application.  (Read 30343 times)

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member Number: 1
  • <%@ include="you.jsp" %>

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
    • http://aerogaming.org
GM Application.
« on: March 25, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »
aeRO Elites, we come with the most urgent news.

That's right, we're looking for GM again. Do your best fireproof business-casual attire and prepare your battle pens.

Here's a FAQ, make sure to read it.

[Spoiler=FAQ]

GM DO I NEED TO BE OVER 18 TO APPLY?!?!
No, player. Though, being 13+ would certainly help your case (COPPA, and all). We care about mental maturity more than we do about physical maturity.

GM HOW MANY HOURS DO I NEED TO WORK?!
There is no set limit, player, however this is NOT just a "do it when I feel like it" thing. By applying to be a GM, you are saying that you are willing to ACTIVELY make time in your day to meet various GM-related responsibilities for as long as forseeably possible. List your availability based on your regular life--not on your breaks or vacation days or anything else. Moreover, if you don't have the time or will to dedicate to a position, then it's better not to apply.

GM, DOES GMING GET ME ALL THE CHICKS?!
If only, player, if only. Most of the things that would actively get you chicks are forbidden--as in, we have rules against giving out free stuff and haxing stats and whatnot, so if you're going to apply just for the attention/chicks--don't bother.

GM DO I HAVE TO GIVE UP MY LEGIT?!
At the moment, no, player. However, if you get accepted as a GM, most likely your time on your legit will plummet, and you will have to distance yourself from your friends or guild a least a little. GMing always comes before legitting, no matter how hard you want to WoE at the time. Thus, if you are extremely active in your guild/with your friends and are unwilling to put that second in your RO life, you should not apply. However, if we find your performance as a GM unsatisfactory, especially because of your legit, or if our rules change, we do reserve the right to either suspend your legit until your quality of conduct improves, or simply remove you from the staff.

GM I SHOULD TOTALLY BEEF MYSELF UP AND MAKE MYSELF LOOK COOLER TO GET ACCEPTED, RIGHT?!
No, player, GOD NO. We've been doing these applications long enough to tell when someone is lying about what their hours are, how dedicated they can be, etc. The best thing to do is to just be honest--but still professional. Seriously, anytime someone says something like "My only weakness is that I work too hard!" we roll our eyes hard enough that they're in danger of popping out of our heads.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS GM?!
Well, player, besides the secret special things we look for, you must be fluent in English and willing to type at least semi-properly, this is an English speaking server, so that is a MUST--it is also a must to successfully complete the application. Moreover, you should have a fairly clean slate. That is not to say that if you've ever been warned or banned, ever, we won't accept you, but having a history of being drama bait, being disrespectful, being inflammatory, or otherwise breaking rules will make us hesitate rather hard to hire you. It would also help if you knew RO, especially the server you are applying for.

GM HOW MANY ARE YOU HIRING?!
This is not highlander, player, there can be more than one. We will hire whoever meets our criteria, so please don't be trying to sabotage others or anything silly like that.

GM I DONATED A LOT OF MONEY, CAN I BE GM YET?
We don't care how much money you invested into your account--that has little to do with how good of a GM you could be.

GM WHAT SERVER I APPLY FOR.
As stated above, we are hiring GM's in Eternal and Old school, you have a higher chance of being accepted if you have played on these server and know how it functions.
[/Spoiler]

Application and Information
Show content
Account Name:
Forum Name:
Full Name:
Languages Fluently Spoken:
Availability:
Previous GMing experiences and names:
aeRO Servers played on:
aeRO servers applying for:
Months/Years been playing in aeRO:

All of the following must be answered in complete sentences, each answer being from 100-250 words, not including the questions themselves. We will check for this and be very, very pedantic about it..

Why do you want to be a GM?

What is the quality of your interactions with the RO community? Are you well known? Do you have many friends/enemies?

Why should we hire you?

Have you ever been on the receiving end of any disciplinary actions? (Warns, bans, jails, etc). If so, why, and what has happened in the meantime to indicate that your behavior has changed? If not, what do you think will ensure your continued good behavior?

Explain your personality and how you think this would suit your dynamic as a GM.

What do you believe are the necessary and exemplary qualities a GM needs to be an effective GM and why?

Free Write (no word minimum)

What are the GMs' ACTUAL duties and abilities, what SHOULD their duties and abilities be, and how would you explain this premise to someone who has no idea about aeRO and what its GMs do? How do you think GMs differ from other staff members? Be specific to aeRO.

Are there any other things you'd like to tell us about yourself?

Furthermore, you MUST give us a general schedule of your everyday week. You can download a basic template right after this paragraph. You are free to make your own, so long as it's comprehensive and legible. List the things that make you BUSY, like school, work, or sleep. If you do not have an office suite, you can download one here for free. Your schedule is expected to be in server time: EST. An easy way to check is to log into the game, type @time, and compare the difference in hours between your time zone and server time.
schedule.doc

Submission Guidelines
You must email your applications to aero-application@aerogaming.org. The general application must be in the BODY of the email and the schedule must be ATTACHED to the email. Emails must be written as a dark color on a white background, in a reasonable font, with reasonable spacing. If you do not follow these guidelines, or if your application looks to painful to read, we'll just skip it.

The deadline to submit your applications is April 15th, 2012 23:59:59 server time.

Other Info
Post any questions in this thread here. Do not spam in the thread, because you will be warned.

We strongly recommend that you compose your application in a text editor, as this will make it much easier to edit and revise. Your mastery of English does not need to be perfect, but looking professional always helps.

Previous posts listing why we rejected certain people can be found here and here. We recommend that you read them.

The key word is “BigBang”. You must include this in the subject of your email to ensure that you get past the spam filters, and as an indication that you've read the instructions.

If you have applied before, do try your best to not reuse your previous answers.

gb cool-kid(Ivan)

• Donator
  • Member Number: 12081
  • Finite Incantatem!

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: GM Application.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »
Do you get paid if you get accepted?

england Uranus

• • aeRO Elite - God Of Sky •
  • Member Number: 5314
  • God save the Queen

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Contact me in Facebook!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »
Are you talking about the Username or the Player Name in the Account Name?
aeRO Official Rules and Regulations

Death Famine War Conquest

A Friendly Player from Turbo(PvP) and Old School Server
Servers: | Turbo(PvP) [SEMI-ACTIVE] | Eternal [ACTIVE] |

MY GUIDES(TURBO SERVER ONLY) :) :
[GUIDE] Emperium Caretaker High Priest
[GUIDE] Mega Bowler Lord Knight
[GUIDE] Cart Terminator Mastersmith
[GUIDE] Merry Jane's Path to Pyroclastic Biochemistry
[GUIDE] aeRO Turbo Terms & Abbreviations

Got any problems? Don't hesitate to PM me, I'm glad to help you!!  ;)

ph aeRO Network

• Member Number: 128

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »
i think Username

england Uranus

• • aeRO Elite - God Of Sky •
  • Member Number: 5314
  • God save the Queen

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Contact me in Facebook!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »
i think Username

Okay
aeRO Official Rules and Regulations

Death Famine War Conquest

A Friendly Player from Turbo(PvP) and Old School Server
Servers: | Turbo(PvP) [SEMI-ACTIVE] | Eternal [ACTIVE] |

MY GUIDES(TURBO SERVER ONLY) :) :
[GUIDE] Emperium Caretaker High Priest
[GUIDE] Mega Bowler Lord Knight
[GUIDE] Cart Terminator Mastersmith
[GUIDE] Merry Jane's Path to Pyroclastic Biochemistry
[GUIDE] aeRO Turbo Terms & Abbreviations

Got any problems? Don't hesitate to PM me, I'm glad to help you!!  ;)

ph Dirty Finger

• Member Number: 10641
  • †—Forever Veins—†

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:02:16 PM »
oww, Eternal & Old School only. How about Turbo? we need some active GMs. (just my opinion) :)

IGN:
iCaptain IB a IR i IL
Pumped Up Kicks

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
Do you get paid if you get accepted?

If you think GM is all about money, you better not apply.

Ingame Username account

do M i g u e l

• You Mad BRO?
  • Donator
  • Member Number: 16935

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »
as you'll notice if you applied?
IGN: #Sr CruZ
IGN: *Miguel
IGN: #P o l I c e

ca [Admin] Ba$her

• I am Ba$heR
  • Administrator

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »

If you didn't get any error after sending your mail, this mean you've been successfully send your application to us.

iskirmish

• Member Number: 17595
  • [ iskirmish ]

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 11:35:22 PM »
im playing different RO servers for almost 7 years, but i'd rather not to apply, i haven't practice my english XD
"Remember, Hope is a good thing maybe the best things. And no one good thing ever dies."

-Andrew Dufresne

do M i g u e l

• You Mad BRO?
  • Donator
  • Member Number: 16935

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 11:39:18 PM »

If you didn't get any error after sending your mail, this mean you've been successfully send your application to us.
Thx sir
IGN: #Sr CruZ
IGN: *Miguel
IGN: #P o l I c e

ph nueve

• Member Number: 7487
  • Oh Kay Ganda..xD

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 11:53:14 PM »
when you say availability. what does it really mean?.. Time? Date? day?.. active or inactive?.. im kind of confused..
N u e v z F i s T Counter Video >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94siWaHC81M

In Game Name:

N u e v z F i s T - Turbo
N u e v e - Eternal

ph kid rock

• Member Number: 18209
  • I Am Kid ^_^

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Cyborg Sprite Online Shop
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
Para san to hnd ko gaano ma gets nose bleed wahahah

ph Arbiter

• Member Number: 13979
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 12:17:55 AM »
I've already sent an application last year & I got no reply whatsoever. ;D Finally, another chance  8) But wait...

GM WHAT SERVER I APPLY FOR.
As stated above, we are hiring GM's in Eternal and Old school, you have a higher chance of being accepted if you have played on these server and know how it functions.
Only in Eternal & Old School ? How about in Mayaan?

vi Love Me

• Criticize me when you reach my level. Meanwhile, ADMIRE me!
  • Community Contributor
  • Member Number: 14833
  • AIdentification - iamRED - BOT

• Activity
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 01:09:16 AM »
when you say availability. what does it really mean?.. Time? Date? day?.. active or inactive?.. im kind of confused..
Your time availability every weekdays or weekends.
"Don't count things you have lost, cherish what you have and plan what to gain. Past never returns but future may fulfill the losts."

"I'm only a person who's willing to give you the best of what I can be, but I'm not a perfect person...
So, I hope you can appreciate the things that I can only give. Like being as simple as I am."

| aeRO RulesaeRO Server Information | aeRO Latest Downloads | aeRO Wiki |